Women in Innovations (“WIN”) is a global initiative led by female interventional cardiologists. The WIN mission is to address sex-based disparities in cardiovascular diagnosis, treatment and outcomes through innovative educational and research activities.
Expected results of these activities are the following;
Through a wide set of directly and co-sponsored educational forums, WIN aims to:
- Increase physician knowledge of sex-based issues in cardiovascular disease diagnosis
- Increase physician understanding/competence of appropriate, evidence-based treatment options for women with cardiovascular disease
- Increase public awareness of cardiovascular disease symptoms and treatment options for women
- Improve patient outcomes as they relates to women with cardiovascular disease
Through direct and partner-based research efforts, WIN aims to:
- Improve existing policies/guidelines and create new policies/guidelines related to clinical trial enrollment criteria, endpoints and analysis as they relate to women
- Increase evidence-based understanding around the existence of sex disparities in clinical outcomes
The 2012 WIN Annual Review is here! The entire WIN community worked very hard in 2012 to fulfill its mission. The WIN Annual Review showcases WIN's ongoing acheivements. We look forward to pushing these and other projects further in 2013 as WIN continues to reach its goals.
Find the WIN 2012 Annual Review HERE
2011 WIN Annual Review HERE.