Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Treatments for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Before undergoing septal myectomy, alcohol septal ablation, or any other procedure, it is important to speak with your doctor to ensure you fully understand the procedure and discuss any questions or concerns you may have. A few questions to ask your doctor may include:
- What are the risks and/or benefits of each procedure?
- Is it possible to get a consultation from both a surgeon and an interventional cardiologist first?
- Which procedure is ideal for my individual situation?
- How do I know if a physician and/or medical center is qualified to perform alcohol septal ablation?
- What do I need to do prior to my procedure to prepare?
- What can I expect following the procedure?
- What everyday activities should I avoid following the procedure?
- When will I be able to resume my normal lifestyle and return to work?
You can print this list of questions to take to your doctor here. (PDF)