SCAI 2014 Scientific Sessions featured the unveiling of two PCI risk assessment tools.
PCI Risk Assessment Tool
The first PCI risk assessment tool is developed by Kalon Ho, MD, FSCAI, and was unveiled on Wednesday, May 28, 2014. It is based on risk models developed by the National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR) Cath PCI Registry and the Massachusetts Data Analysis Center (Mass-DAC).
SCAI's PCI Risk Calculator
Additionally SCAI released its PCI Risk Calculator App, sponsored by The Medicines Co., on Thursday, May 29, 2014.
Released at the SCAI 2014 Scientific Sessions, this new electronic tool allows healthcare providers to enter pre-procedural patient information into one calculator to estimate the post-intervention risks for:
- Acute kidney injury
This tool can also be used to:
- Guide patients in decisions on therapy
- Guide providers in preparing the patient for the procedure
- Help providers use limited healthcare resources more wisely
- Guide quality improvement efforts
- Serve as a risk adjustment tool for assessment of quality of care to identify potential candidates for same-day discharge or risk mitigation strategies
Access the App Now:
The SCAI PCI Risk Calculator was developed with the generous support of The Medicines Company. SCAI gratefully acknowledges this support while taking sole responsibility for all content developed and disseminated through this effort.