The SCAI 2012 Fall Fellows Courses will provide an engaging, informal and relaxing environment in which attendees can interact with internationally recognized faculty. Attendees of the course will gain an in depth knowledge of indications, techniques, and expected outcomes for interventional cardiac, carotid, and endovascular procedures. The program will present a variety of practical case-based content as well as material of immediate value to attendees as they plan their post-fellowship practices.
Adult Interventional Cardiology Fellows Course
- Discuss interventional strategies for the treatment of patients with carotid, iliofemoral, renal and aortic disease.
- Present state-of-the-art management of acute myocardial infarctions.
- Describe optimal techniques for coronary and peripheral interventional treatments.
- Diagnose and assess patients with coronary or peripheral vascular disease.
- Integrate various forms of therapy into future clinical practice to minimize complications in coronary and peripheral vascular interventions.
- Present catheter-based therapies for structural and valvular heart disease.
- Identify optimal strategies for management of interventional complications.
- Review approaches to complex coronary subsets (e.g., saphenous vein graft, bifurcations lesions, coronary lesions etc.)
- List optimal techniques for unprotected Left Main Coronary stenting.
- Integrate pharmacology and endovascular devices in the management of acute myocardial infarctions.
Congenital/Structural Heart Disease Interventional Cardiology Fellows Course
- Understand the complete hemodynamic assessment of congenital cardiac defects, including left to right shunt and right to left shunt lesions.
- Understand the various aspects of angiographic assessment of congenital cardiac defects and the best angiographic projections for each defect.
- Understand the proper radiation protection measures for the patients and operators in the cath lab.
- Understand how to stock the cardiac cath lab with appropriate equipment and tools so that a procedure can be done effectively.
- Learn the essential echocardiographic assessments of various interventional therapeutic procedures (ASD’s/PDA’s/VSD’s/AS/PS/etc.).
- Learn step-by-step how to close ASD’s using various devices.
- Learn step-by-step how to close PDA’s using approved devices/coils.
- Learn how to perform effective balloon valvuloplasty of the aortic and pulmonic valves.
- Learn how to perform embolization therapies for AP collateries, coronary AV fistulas, pulmonary AVM’s etc.
- Learn the various diseases that present in adults with congenital heart disease and their management.
- Learn how to perform pericardiocentesis.
- Learn how to perform myocardial biopsies.