Mastering FFR/IVUS: An Online Course
- Allen Jeremias, MD, FSCAI
The FFR/IVUS program is targeted to interventional cardiology fellows-in-training, practicing physicians, general cardiologists, technologists, nurses, and others in the cardiovascular field interested in both basic and advanced information regarding this discipline.
- Understand the fundamentals of intravascular ultrasound and coronary pressure for use during diagnostic and interventional coronary procedures
- Review basic images and pressure tracings demonstrating normal and abnormal findings and artifacts
- Appreciate the clinical studies for the application and indications of IVUS and FFR
- Examine the AHA/ACC/SCAI Guidelines and Appropriate use Criteria for IVUS and FFR
CONTENT VALIDATION STATEMENT
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions accepts the following Content Validation Statements and expects all persons involved in its professional education activities to abide by these statements with regard to any recommendations for clinical care.
All recommendations involving clinical medicine are based on evidence accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contradictions in the care of patients; AND/OR
All scientific research referred to or reported in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
- Morton Kern, MD, FSCAI Opsens (Consultant), St. Jude Medical (Speakers Bureau), Merit Medical (Consultant), Volcano (Consultant, Speakers Bureau), Volcano (Speakers Bureau)
- Allen Jeremias, MD, FSCAI Gilead (Speakers Bureau), Abbot (Consultant, Speakers Bureau), Medtronic (Speakers Bureau, Consultant), Astra Zeneca (Speakers Bureau)
- John McB. Hodgson, MD, FSCAI St. Jude (Grants or Research Support), Boston Scientific (Grants or Research Support), BioInfo Accelerator (Stock owner or Shareholder), Volcano (Speakers Bureau), TSG (Stock owner or Shareholder), Infraredx (Grants or Research Support), Volcano (Grants or Research Support)
- Luis Gruberg, MD, FSCAI None reported
As a provider of continuing education through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), it is the Society's policy to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all of its programs. All participating faculty, course directors, and planning committee members are required to disclose to SCAI any financial relationships related to the subject matter of the program or committee in which they are participating. Disclosure information is reviewed in advance in order to manage and resolve any possible conflicts of interest. The intent of the disclosure is not to prevent the planner or presenter from being involved in the activity, but rather to provide participants with information on which they can make their own judgments.
This program is supported by an educational grant from Volcano Corporation
- PHYSICIANS: The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions designates this education activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- INTERNATIONAL PHYSICIANS: The American Medical Association has determined that physicians not licensed in the US who participate in this CME activity are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
- DOCTORS OF OSTEOPATHY: Category 2 credit will be awarded for formal educational programs that are ACCME-accredited or AAFP-approved.
- PHYSICIANS ASSISTANTS: AAPA accepts Category I credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit for the organizations accredited by ACCME. The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions is an accredited provider through the ACCME.