Renu Virmani, MD — CVPath, International Registry of Pathology
- Grant and/or Research Support: AVE; Guidant Corporation; W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.; Amersham Health; ev3 Inc.; Top Spin Medical (Israel) Ltd.
- Consultant: AVE, Guidant Corporation; W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.; Terumo Medical Corporation; Top Spin Medical (Israel) Ltd
- Define vulnerable plaque and explain its morphology
- Outline the dominant causes of coronary thrombosis
- Describe vulnerable plaque’s potential contribution to sudden coronary death
- Discuss the development of atherosclerosis and progression to thrombosis
- Discuss the relationship of angiogenesis to inflammation and plaque progression