Calling All Volunteers
Wayne Powell, SCAI’s senior director of advocacy and guidelines, is interested in building a long-term strategy for the Society’s advocacy goals. Critical to that effort is building a team of volunteers who want to help their profession and their patients.
"I can almost guarantee that we’ll have more opportunities than we’ll have volunteers," he said. "There’s literally something for everyone to do."
- Are you familiar with Medicare billing and interested in helping CMS with complicated coverage issues?
- Are you interested in reviewing proposals from federal agencies and providing feedback?
- Would you like to participate in a national or government-led committee?
- Does working with legislators appeal to you?
- Are you a clinical guru, interested in fielding inquiries from the FDA or CMS?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, e-mail Wayne Powell. Visit scai.org often for opportunities to get involved in specific issues important to your profession and your patients.