New Position Available:
Date Posted: June 3, 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Description of Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Principal staff lead to advance the Society’s clinical document development system to assure timely, high quality, evidence-based expert consensus statements
- Support the Society’s Publications Committee in the decision-making and oversight function of clinical documents that are in-development
- Provide project management support (e.g., invitations, scheduling, agendas, timelines) for multiple writing committees to assure timely publication
- Assure clinical document development is in compliance with the Society’s Methodology Manual from clinical topic selection through publication
- Assure the SCAI Methodology Manual for Clinical Documents is maintained and current with external standards (e.g., IOM Report on Clinical Practice Guidelines We Can Trust)
- Principal staff lead to support efforts of the Society’s Training Standards and Program Directors Committee:
- Support physician leaders in the development of relevant training standards and to provide a forum for training directors to share information and communication regarding training program issues, policies and practices.
- Staff Liaison to other medical professional societies to advocate for the Society’s interest in ACGME compliance
- Principal staff lead for the Society’s Core Curriculum Committee
- Assists and supports physician subject matter experts in the development of a fellows-in- training eLearning project.
- Administers and coordinates receipt of all physician-developed presentations for vetting by committee. Ensures presentations are reviewed, edited and resubmitted.
- Monitors progress and reports on results of all committee activities. Administers the files for this process
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Proficiency with SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- 3 to 7 years experience
- Demonstrated success in managing projects from initiation to completion, on time and within budget; Proven ability to set priorities, take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Direct experience in working with physicians and healthcare professionals
- Knowledge of general medical and regulatory terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills required to work collaboratively and to lead a diverse group of stakeholders (staff, committee members, collaborators, etc.) through decision-making
- Ability to travel as needed
Thank you for your interest in SCAI. If you are interested in any position, please email email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.