Chair: James Blankenship, MD, FSCAI (May 2010 - May 2013)
Co-Chair: Tony Farah, MD, FSCAI (May 2011 - May 2014)
Co-Chair: Peter Duffy, MD, FSCAI (June 2012 - May 2015)
Staff Contact: Wayne Powell (WPowell@scai.org)
To ensure that the Society’s members have a strong, independent voice advocating on behalf of members and their patients.
- Evaluate proposed legislation to advocate for the interest of interventional cardiologists
- Evaluate and develop comment letters in response to proposed FDA, CMS, NIH, AHRQ federal regulations
- Evaluate proposed clinical measure specifications and vote on key measures in AMA Physician Consortium, AQA, and National Quality Forum
- Engage in state level legislative and regulatory proposals to positively influence the outcome.
|Joseph Babb, MD, FSCAI
|Tony Farah, MD, FSCAI
|Lloyd Klein, MD, FSCAI
|Carl Tommaso, MD, FSCAI
Calling All Volunteers
- Are you familiar with Medicare billing and interested in helping CMS with complicated coverage issues?
- Are you interested in reviewing proposals from federal agencies and providing feedback?
- Would you like to participate in a national or government-led committee?
- Does working with legislators appeal to you?
- Are you a clinical guru, interested in fielding inquiries from the FDA or CMS?
If you answered YES to any questions, e-mail Senior Director of Advocacy and Guidelines Wayne Powell at email@example.com.